1. R. Penrose, S. Hameroff, S. Kak (eds.) Consciousness and the Universe: Quantum Physics, Evolution, Brain & Mind. Cosmology Science Publishers, 2011.
2. S. Kak, The Nature of Physical Reality. Peter Lang, New York, 1986. Revised edition, 2016 (Mt. Meru Publishing, Mississauga, Canada).
3. S. Kak, The Architecture of Knowledge: Quantum Mechanics, Neuroscience, Computers and Consciousness. Motilal Banarsidass, New Delhi, 2004.
4. W.A. Porter and S. Kak (eds.) Advances in Communications and Signal Processing. Springer-Verlag, 1989.
5. W.A. Porter, S. Kak, J.L. Aravena (eds.), Advances in Computing and Control. Springer-Verlag, 1989.
Book chapters and Journal Articles (Selected)
1. S. Kak, Epistemic view of quantum communication. In Quantum Foundations, Probability and Information, A. Khrennikov and B. Toni (editors). Springer-
Verlag International, 2018
2. S. Kak, Communication languages and agents in biological systems. In Biocommunication: Sign-Mediated Interactions between Cells and Organisms, R.
Gordon and J. Seckbach (editors). World Scientific Publishing, London, 2016. pp. 203-226.
3. S. Yu and S. Kak, Social network dynamics: an attention economics perspective. In Social Networks: A Framework of Computational Intelligence, Witold
Pedrycz and Shyi-Ming Chen (editors). Springer Verlag, 2014, pp. 225-258.
4. S. Kak, Power series models of self-similarity in social networks. Information Sciences, vol. 376, pp. 31-38, 2017.
5. S. Kak, State ensembles and quantum entropy. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 55, pp. 3016-3026, 2016.
6. S. Kak, Generalized unary coding. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 36, pp. 1419-1426, 2016.
7. S. Kak, Simulating entanglement in classical computing for cryptography applications. Cryptologia, vol. 40, pp. 348-354, 2016.
8. S. Kak, Orthogonal residue sequences. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 34, pp. 1017-1025, 2015.
9. S. Kak, The number theoretic Hilbert transform. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 33, pp. 2539-2548, 2014.
10. S. Kak, The piggy bank cryptographic trope. Infocommunications Journal, vol. 6, pp. 22-25, March 2014.
11. S. Kak, From the no-signaling theorem to veiled non-locality. NeuroQuantology, vol. 12, pp. 12-20, 2014.
12. S. Kak, Observability and computability in physics. Quantum Matter, vol. 3, number 3, pp. 172-176, 2014.
13. S. Kak, Probability constraints and the classical/quantum divide. NeuroQuantology, vol. 11, pp. 600-606, 2013.
14. S. Kak, Biological memories and agents as quantum collectives. NeuroQuantology, vol. 11, pp. 391-398, 2013.
15. A. Parakh and S. Kak, Space efficient secret sharing for implicit data security. Information Sciences, vol. 181, pp. 335-341, 2011.
16. A. Parakh and S. Kak, Online data storage using implicit security. Information Sciences, vol. 179, pp. 3323-3331, 2009.
17. Y. Chen, P. Verma, and S. Kak, Embedded security framework for integrated classical and quantum cryptography in optical burst switching networks.
Security and Communication Networks, vol. 2, pp. 546-554, 2009.
18. M. Satti and S. Kak, Multilevel indexed quasigroup encryption for data and speech. IEEE Trans. on Broadcasting, vol. 55, pp. 270-281, 2009.
19. A. Parthasarathy and S. Kak, An improved method of content based image watermarking. IEEE Trans on Broadcasting, vol. 53, pp. 468-479, 2007.
20. S. Kak, Quantum information and entropy. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 46, pp. 860-876, 2007.
21. S. Kak, A three-stage quantum cryptography protocol. Foundations of Physics Letters, vol. 19, pp. 293-296, 2006.
22. S. Kak, General qubit errors cannot be corrected. Information Sciences, vol. 152, pp. 195-202, 2003.
23. S. Kak, Active agents, intelligence, and quantum computing. Information Sciences, vol. 128, pp. 1-17, 2000.
24. S. Kak, Faster web search and prediction using instantaneously trained neural networks. IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 14, pp. 79-82, November/December
25. S. Kak, The initialization problem in quantum computing. Foundations of Physics, vol. 29, pp. 267-279, 1999.
26. S. Tejomurtula and S. Kak, Inverse kinematics in robotics using neural networks. Information Sciences, vol. 116, pp. 147-164, 1999.
27. S. Kak, Can we define levels of artificial intelligence? Journal of Intelligent Systems, vol. 6, pp. 133-144, 1996.
28. S. Kak, Quantum neural computing. Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, vol. 94, pp. 259-313, 1995.
29. S. Kak, New algorithms for training feedforward neural networks. Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 15, pp. 295-298, 1994.
30. S. Kak, Feedback neural networks: new characteristics and a generalization. Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, vol. 12, pp. 263-278, 1993.
31. S. Kak, A two-layered mesh array for matrix multiplication. Parallel Computing, vol. 6, pp. 383-385, 1988.
32. S. Kak, Encryption and error-correction using d-sequences. IEEE Trans. On Computers, vol. C-34, pp. 803-809, 1985.
33. S. Kak and A. Chatterjee, On decimal sequences. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. IT-27, pp. 647-652, September 1981.
34. S. Kak and N.S. Jayant, Speech encryption using waveform scrambling. Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 56, pp. 781-808, May-June 1977.