In order to achieve the mission, objectives and goals of Taksha University (TU), it is important to incorporate an integrative approach to education and research that provides a training curriculum that includes science, arts, and humanities subjects that is conducive to growth of an individual to achieve ones highest potential in skills to gain harmony, balance, and happiness in ones own and others lives. As a genius once remarked, creativity requires freedom of thought, which when suppressed produces mechanics only. TU is based on the generation, management, dissemination and commercialization of information, through an institutional structure underpinned by a (w)holistic educational and research philosophy.
An important goal of the University is to provide focus and direction to current efforts thorough intensive short-courses, training and research in different multidisciplinary areas of science and humanities, including: earth and space sciences; active and passive sensors; remote sensing from aboard different platforms; small-satellites; climate, weather, and environment; food and agriculture; integrative medicine, yoga therapy, and space health; global environmental policy; national defense and security; K-16 STEM education; innovative cyber and cognitive systems; systems and statistical engineering; language training; Quantum Physics & Consciousness; Philosophy and Spiritual studies; fine and performing arts; documentary film-making and multi-media training, etc..
TU provides advanced mechanisms (through virtual institutes), whereby researchers and educators situated at various universities and research organizations can come together on problems that can be analyzed in greater depth and breadth than is possible in an individual research environment. In addition, it provide a venue for them to come together periodically to meaningfully participate in large-scale projects and education courses that by their nature are inappropriate or not well-suited for inclusion in the normal on-campus research or in industry.
The University has been able to draw upon a large group of internationally known researchers and educators, with varied backgrounds who are willing to be involved in the search for solutions to world’s current scientific, educational, societal and defense problems, and to contribute to the development of science and technology as well as arts and humanities.
Examples of disciplines covered are briefly listed as follows:
- Sciences (Quantum Physics; Chem-bio; Earth/Space; Environmental; etc.)
- Technology (Laser, Electro-optical, Nano-sats, Medical, etc.)
- Engineering (Systems, Aero-, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, etc.)
- Mathematics (Calculus, Statistics, etc.);
- Medicine (Integrative Medicine, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, etc.)
- Health (Yoga Therapy, Nutrition, Disease Control, etc.);
- Food & Agriculture (Sustainable Biodynamics, etc.),
- Languages (Sanskrit, Hindi/ Urdu, Spanish, etc.);
- Philosophy & Religious Studies (Dharma, Religions, Interfaith, etc.);
- Arts (Performing & Fine Arts, Film-making, etc.);
- Business (E-Business; Strategic Planning, etc.)