Taksha’s goals are to bring together people with common interests to focus on research and learning activities related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM); spiritual philosophy and practice; fine and performing arts (including space arts); and other topics, for their personal, professional, and inner-growth enhancement. In addition to cutting-edge research for the government, industry, and international organizations, our aim is to serve as a conduit for information for personal enrichment and inner growth enhancement, including health and healing of body, mind, and spirit, using (w)holistic approaches, such as yoga and meditation.
A function of the Institute is to provide a mechanism whereby researchers and educators situated at various universities and research organizations can come together on problems that can be analyzed in greater depth and breadth than is possible in an individual research environment. In addition, it can provide a venue for researchers and educators to come together periodically to meaningfully participate in large-scale projects that by their nature are inappropriate or not well-suited for inclusion in the normal on-campus research or in industry.
To achieve its goals, Taksha’s objectives are to undertake innovative activities in information generation, management, and dissemination, as follows:
(1) Information Generation: Conducting cutting-edge research projects, independent studies, etc., such as “On the Effects of Hibernation, Aging, and Yoga Therapy for Maintaining the Health of Travellers in Micro-gravity Environments during Space Flights.”
(2) Information Management: Collecting and managing data and information bases, such as “Determination, Collection, and Management of Global Atmospheric Aerosol Size Distribution Using a Proposed CubeSat-borne Solar Aureole Experiment: Simulations.”
(3) Information Dissemination – Meetings: Planning and organization (end-to-end and worldwide) of different types of meeting events (including conferences, workshops, symposia, colloquia, forums, seminars, expos, demos, etc.), using different formats, including remote online, smart-phone-based, computer-based, and/or in-person meetings, such as “4th Workshop on Space Arts.”
(4) Information Dissemination – Publications: Publishing and distributing professional quality publications in different formats, including hard- and soft-cover, online, and downloadable books, journals, newsletters; CDs/DVDs; etc., such as the YogaSetu Newsletter (YSN – www.yogasetu.org).
In support of these activities, Taksha has been able to draw upon a large group of internationally known researchers, educators, and administrators with varied backgrounds who are willing to be involved in the search for solutions to mankind’s current scientific, educational, environmental, societal and defense problems, and have a strong desire to participate in and contribute to the development of national science and technology as well as arts and humanities in the following areas:
- Sciences (Quantum Physics, Chem-bio, Earth/Space, Environmental, etc.)
- Technology (Laser, Electro-optical, Nano-sats, Medical, etc.)
- Engineering (Systems, Optical, Aero-, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Mathematics (Calculus, Statistics, etc.)
- Medicine (Integrative Medicine, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, etc.)
- Health (Yoga Therapy, Nutrition, Disease Control, etc.)
- Food & Agriculture (Sustainable Biodynamics, etc.)
- Languages (Sanskrit, Hindi/ Urdu, Spanish, etc.);
- Philosophy & Religious Studies (Dharma, Religions, Interfaith, etc.);
- Arts (Performing & Fine Arts, Film-making, etc.);
- Business (E-Business, Strategic Planning, etc.)